The North East Regional Higher Education Group (NERHEUG) will present its 2nd conference on Monday, October 15, 2012. The location for this year’s gathering will be the at the Conference Center at Mercer new Princeton, NJ. HEUG members from this region will be invited to attend, and all other HEUG members are welcome as well. We are planning a full day of presentations, vendor exhibits and networking opportunities for Peoplesoft/Oracle users in this area. Representation from selected vendors and key individuals from Oracle will also participate.
Critical to the success of this conference will be, as always, the sessions presented by our colleagues who can showcase the work they have done, their experiences, new tools, new ideas and new approaches. This conference covers all aspects of PeopleSoft, including Student Records, Admissions/CRM, Advising, Financial Aid, Student Financials, HR/Benefits, Finance/Budgets, Reporting/BI, Technical and Project Management as well as topics of general interest.
Here is your chance to share your successes with other institutions!
Session proposal guidelines/suggestions:
- Sessions can be done by an individual presenter or a team.
- They can be from institutional staff alone or done in conjunction with a vendor who has made an impact on your project.
- Sessions are 50 minutes long and you should plan to allow some time for questions and answers.
- Vendors are welcome to propose sessions but their proposals must not be sales oriented and must present with an institution which uses their services.
- We usually have more proposals than session slots. We will be determining which proposals have wide interest and appeal as the submissions are evaluated.
- If presenting at a conference is new to you, this is a great opportunity to present in a smaller more intimate environment than at the large Alliance conference. If you are an old hand at presentations, you know how rewarding it can be, so come do it again!
- If you are interested in co-presenting, or as part of a panel discussion, please let us know your topic of interest and we will try to match you with someone from another institution who would like to discuss the same subject. These sessions are particularly helpful as they provide different perspectives on similar issues.
Click on the session proposal form link to complete the information summarizing your presentation. All we need for now is your topics and a brief summary — PowerPoint sildes will be requested later. Please direct any questions to one of our track chairs listed on the NERHEUG site.
To submit a proposal for consideration, click the link here. We will accept proposals for the program until June 29, 2012.