Presentation Guidelines/Speaker PowerPoint
Submission Deadline: 6 July 2012
This page is intended to provide updates to potential presenters as well as provide approved presenters with additional tools to help make their presentation preparation and submission as simple as possible.
You must be logged-in to HEUG online to submit a proposal. If your Institution is a HEUG Member (Institutional or Subscriber, and you do not have a HEUG ID, please click on the request login button at the top right corner of this page to get one. If you are not a HEUG Member, please see below to download a membership application. To learn more about HEUG Membership, please visit our Membership area.
Membership Application: If you are using Oracle applications and are from a higher education institution, we invite you to join us and have two membership levels for you to choose from.
Prospective Member Application: If you are considering or are in the process of a signing a contract with Oracle, we invite you to submit a prospective member application.
Guidelines for Presentations
- The primary presenter must be a regular member of the Higher Education User Group
- ONLY THE PRIMARY PRESENTER is eligible for a complimentary registration if the session is accepted.
- The presentation must tell a story relevant to the member's experiences with Oracle.
- Vendor staff may be included as co-presenters in a supporting role (e.g. here is our story which included vendor "x", and now our vendor partner will describe how they helped us accomplish our objectives...). All vendor staff must be from a company sponsoring or exhibiting at the Asia HEUG Conference 2012. Please visit the Exhibitor Section for complete guidelines for vendor participation.
- Vendors must not include sales type references of any type (e.g. our product compares well with brand x and in fact we can offer all of you in higher education a great discount because you came to this session today).
Presentation Rooms– All meeting rooms are equipped with LCD projector, screen and lectern with wired lapel microphone. Presenters must bring their own laptop. Please note Internet access will not be provided by default. If your proposed session requires Internet access, please indicate this in your proposal.
PowerPoint Template – Please use the official Asia HEUG Conference 2012 PowerPoint template.
What Happens Next
- You will receive notification of your submission results via email by 31 July.
- If you have not received notification of your submission result by early August 2012, please contact the Conference Managers via Regionalemail@example.com.
- If successful, you will be required to confirm your acceptance of the invitation, confirm the name of all presenters and register the presenters to attend the congress.
- Further instructions on presentation requirements will be provided in the notification letter and in additional correspondence.
TSE Wai Kwong Albert (firstname.lastname@example.org) – The Open University of Hong Kong
KONG Yen Teck (email@example.com) – National University of Singapore