Larry Hill has been with Indiana University (IU) at Indianapolis (IUPUI) since 1993. Larry joined the PeopleSoft implementation team at IU in 2003. Larry works with Academic Advisement, Test Scores, Student Advisor, and most PeopleSoft/Campus Solution areas that interface with those areas. During his time with IU Larry has:
- Been an academic advisor
- Trained several dozen Academic Advisement Report (AAR) programmers from every IU campus
- Coordinated all functional testing for Peoplesoft/Campus Solutions upgrades for the past several years
- Performed numerous other tasks to support the academic advising area using Campus Solutions/Peoplesoft
- Taught computer programming for 25+ years
Larry served on the Academic Advising Product Advisory Group (PAG) from 2009 - 2016 in the following capacities:
- 2009 - 2010: Associate Member
- 2010 - 2011: Alliance Conference AA Assistant Track Chair
- 2011 - 2012: Alliance Conference AA Track Chair
- 2012 - 2013: AA Issue Tracker
- 2013 - 2014: Alliance Conference AA Assistant Track Chair
- 2014 - 2015: Alliance Conference Track Chair
- 2015 - 2016: AA PAG Chair
Larry has presented (or co-presented) pre-conference workshops, deep-dive sessions, regular sessions, or PAG sessions at every HEUG/Alliance Conference since his first conference in March 2007. Larry has also attended two MIDHEUG conferences and conducted a workshop at the first Canada Alliance conference.
Larry and his wife Chris have been married 40+ years and have two children and two grandchildren. The Hill family is particularly fond of going to Florida and playing on the beach as well as being "Disneyholics" visiting Disneyworld whenever possible. Larry also enjoys hiking, fishing, movies, and just loafing with his two granddaughters.