Advisory Group Newsletter
Follow us at AAPAG @AdvisementPAG!!!
Happy New Year Everyone!
Alliance Conference March 6 – 9, 2016!
The Alliance Conference is just around the corner.
Things you need to know:
- Make sure you build your agenda. Click the link to access and start building http://www.alliance-conference.com/page/2016-agenda
- Remember AAPAG is providing a workshop on “Become the Wizard of AARs while in the Emerald City --- Just follow the Yellow Brick Road” We would love to have you join us.
- A note that Academic Advisement will not be holding a BOF this year at the conference. Instead, please join us for 3 Stop and Shares. Monday 3:30 – 4:00pm (AAR Programming Issues), Monday 4:00 – 4:30PM (more AAR issues), and Monday 4:30 – 5:00pm (Advising Self-Service Issues). We hope you can join us at these times.
- This year, there will be 11 Oracle roadmaps, over 400 sessions and two new tracks: Innovations and New Products and Technology, plus countless networking opportunities and Stop and Shares.
- They have a brand new, state of the art Mobile App which will have the up to the minute agenda with room, time changes, cancellations, etc. More information will be coming shortly.
- Please note that HEUG has a new Listserv for those attending the Alliance Conference. Please click on the link https://www.heug.org/p/fo/in or log into HEUG/Forums/Alliance Track Listservs and choose your listservs you would like. This will keep you informed of up-to-date information and changes to schedules.
- There will be No Signage on Site this year. They will not have the tower signs listing timeslots, rooms, and times, etc. WSCC has digital displays which will be updated.
- And in case you didn’t read the blog, there will be No Breakfast provided Monday through Wednesday morning.
ALLIANCE 2016 – Advanced Registration Closes February 5, 2016
ALLIANCE 2016 – Late Registration Closes March 4, 2106
ALLIANCE 2016 – March 6th to 9th, 2016
Time you to get to know more of your PAG Members!
Name: Nancy Fawver, Assistant Track Chair & Secretary
Institution: George Fox University
Position at your Institution: Enrollment Systems Manager
Experience in AA & PeopleSoft: 5 Years
My Favorite Starbucks Drink: Carmel Decaf
Seattle Fun Fact: Queen Anne Hill (tallest hill in Seattle at only 456ft) was named for posh 19th century mansions
How to be a Star at Alliance 2016: Come to a Stop and Share for AA. It’s going to be a great place to network and ask questions
Name: John Campbell, Track Chair
Institution: Duke University
Position at your Institution: Sr. Associate Director/Functional Analyst
Experience in AA & PeopleSoft: 18 years with PeopleSoft, 10 Years with Academic Advisement
My Favorite Starbucks Drink: I don’t always drink coffee, but when I do it’s a Mocha Latte (1 shot of expresso)
Seattle Fun Fact: Mt. Rainier can be seen from Seattle – my mom climbed all 14,411 ft. when I was ten, my first dog was named Rainier
I am looking forward to Alliance 2016 because: Network, go to sessions, network some more
Name: Carolien ten Oever, Assistant Chair
Institution: University of Amsterdam
Position at your Institution: Business/Functional Analyst
Experience in AA & PeopleSoft: 10 Years
My Favorite Starbucks Drink: Espresso Macchiato
Seattle Fun Fact: Seattle was the first city in the US to play a Beatle song on the radio
I am looking forward to Alliance 2016 because: Be well prepared for the Conference and come to the AA community Mingle on Sunday (3:00 – 4:30pm)
Interested in Webinars for December????
Check out the upcoming schedule for the HEUG Education Series by logging into HEUG.online>About the HEUG>Education Series>Current Schedule
OR you can click on this link https://www.heug.org/page/education-series-schedule
Stay tuned with the AAPAG by following the Academic Advisement Blog by clicking on this link https://www.heug.org/p/bl/bl/blogid=189
We will be posting all Newsletters on the Blog as well as on Twitter. You can also stay tuned with other Blogs https://www.heug.org/p/bl/in
Product Enhancement Tracker TIP!
The Product Enhancement Tracker (PET) is a place for our members to submit software enhancement requests to be advocated, ranked, reviewed and tracked. The Product Enhancement Tracker File Library is also available with more resources. Click a type below to start getting involved. If you have a question or wish to share something with your colleagues please use Forums instead, for software bugs please use My Oracle Support.
- To add an issue to the PET, the member must first submit a service request to My Oracle Support and receive a SR number
- The member may log the issue here to have other HEUG members view and rank the issue.
- Reviewing and ranking the issues are vital in assisting the AA PAG committee in identifying those to discuss with Oracle strategists.
Please also vote on the enhancements in the PET! Even if you are unable to attend the conference, your votes tell us which enhancements are the most important to the largest number of institutions!
DID YOU KNOW? The Longest continually-run farmer’s market in the U.S. is right here in Seattle’s Very own Pike Place Market.
AND FINALLY "Success is simple. Do what's right, the right way, at the right time." - Arnold H. Glasow