Advisory Group Newsletter
Follow us at AAPAG @AdvisementPAG!!!
We need your help! It’s that time of year again to vote on the issues in the PET!
Product Enhancement Tracker TIP!
The Product Enhancement Tracker (PET) is a place for our members to submit software enhancement requests to be advocated, ranked, reviewed and tracked. The Product Enhancement Tracker File Library is also available with more resources. Click a type below to start getting involved. If you have a question or wish to share something with your colleagues please use Forums instead, for software bugs please use My Oracle Support.
- To add an issue to the PET, the member must first submit a service request to My Oracle Support and receive a SR number
- The member may log the issue here to have other HEUG members view and rank the issue.
- Reviewing and ranking the issues are vital in assisting the AA PAG committee in identifying those to discuss with Oracle strategists.
There are currently 31 Active issues posted to the Academic Advising PET (click on the link https://www.heug.org/p/is/ty/type=4). Please vote on the issues in the upcoming weeks before Alliance. Use the handy menu icon on the Academic Advising PET page to “Vote on all Enhancements” and/or click the issue(s) to view full detail and vote. Your votes in the PET reveal which issues are the most relevant to the members and their institutions!
The Power of Data!
We are trying to gather information on the focus of our member institutions for the coming years. If you can take a few minutes and complete the survey that would help us.
Please follow this link https://www.heug.org/p/su/rd/survey=bc6a2b06-bdf8-11e5-b58f-4040f7e9a909
The survey deadline is February 15th, 2016.
If you would like to know more about the survey, please see Jane Broad’s Blog https://www.heug.org/p/bl/ar/blogaid=2528
Alliance Conference March 6 – 9, 2016!
The Alliance Conference is just around the corner.
Things you need to know:
- Make sure you build your agenda. Click the link to access and start building http://www.alliance-conference.com/page/2016-agenda
- Remember AAPAG is providing a workshop on “Become the Wizard of AARs while in the Emerald City --- Just follow the Yellow Brick Road” We would love to have you join us.
- A note that Academic Advisement will not be holding a BOF this year at the conference. Instead, please join us for 3 Stop and Shares. Monday 3:30 – 4:00pm (AAR Programming Issues), Monday 4:00 – 4:30PM (more AAR issues), and Monday 4:30 – 5:00pm (Advising Self-Service Issues). We hope you can join us at these times.
- This year, there will be 11 Oracle roadmaps, over 400 sessions and two new tracks: Innovations and New Products and Technology, plus countless networking opportunities and Stop and Shares.
- They have a brand new, state of the art Mobile App which will have the up to the minute agenda with room, time changes, cancellations, etc. More information will be coming shortly.
- Please note that HEUG has a new Listserv for those attending the Alliance Conference. Please click on the link https://www.heug.org/p/fo/in or log into HEUG/Forums/Alliance Track Listservs and choose your listservs you would like. This will keep you informed of up-to-date information and changes to schedules.
- There will be No Signage on Site this year. They will not have the tower signs listing timeslots, rooms, and times, etc. WSCC has digital displays which will be updated.
- And in case you didn’t read the blog, there will be No Breakfast provided Monday through Wednesday morning.
ALLIANCE 2016 – Advanced Registration Closes February 5, 2016
ALLIANCE 2016 – Late Registration Closes March 4, 2106
ALLIANCE 2016 – March 6th to 9th, 2016
Time you to get to know more of your PAG Members!
Name: Nancy Umphres, Product Enhancement Tracker (PET)
Institution: University of Arkansas
Position at your Institution: Business Analyst, Student Records & Academic Advisement
Experience in AA & PeopleSoft: AA Lead in initial implementation in 2003, SR Lead since 2009
My Favorite Starbucks Drink: Cappuccino
Seattle Fun Fact: Be sure to visit Pike Place Market, Seattle’s original farmer’s market established in 2907
How to be a Star at Alliance 2016: Network, Network, Network
Name: Tiffany Wendt (new PAG Member)
Institution: Texas Christian University
Position at your Institution: Academic Audit Developer/Analyst
Experience in AA & PeopleSoft: 18 years with PeopleSoft, Campus Solutions user since 2006
My Favorite Starbucks Drink: Grande Mocha – nonfat, no whip and 2 sweet-n-low
Seattle Fun Fact: When it comes to live music and performances per capita, Seattle is second in the U.S, only to New York City
I am looking forward to Alliance 2016 because: Step out of your comfort zone. Meet new people
Name: Deanne Wright
Institution: Ryerson University
Position at your Institution: Curriculum Advisement & Business Specialist
Experience in AA & PeopleSoft: 14 Years in Curriculum Management/Academic Advising; Campus Solutions user since 2005
My Favorite Starbucks Drink: Komodo Dragon Coffee
Seattle Fun Fact: There is a statue of one-eyed troll crushing a VW Beetle under the bridge at North Street and Troll Avenue North. You can climb on it.
I am looking forward to Alliance 2016 because: Make sure you meet at least one new person in the AA Community every day.
Favorite Emoticon: 😱
Interested in Webinars????
Check out the upcoming schedule for the HEUG Education Series by logging into HEUG.online>About the HEUG>Education Series>Current Schedule
OR you can click on this link https://www.heug.org/page/education-series-schedule
Stay tuned with the AAPAG by following the Academic Advisement Blog by clicking on this link https://www.heug.org/p/bl/bl/blogid=189
We will be posting all Newsletters on the Blog as well as on Twitter. You can also stay tuned with other Blogs https://www.heug.org/p/bl/in
DID YOU KNOW? When the Space Needle was built in 1962 for the Seattle World’s Fair, it was the tallest building west of the Mississippi River.
AND FINALLY "Life is by nature a process of ongoing challenge and constant change. The important thing is to not be fearful. Boldness builds a strong, undefeated self." - Daisaku Ikeda