Save the Date!
The first Northwest HEUG Alliance Conference is scheduled for June 5-6 at Hotel Murano in Tacoma, Washington. The Northwest Regional User Group (NWHEUG) which includes Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington and Wyoming but HEUG members outside of this region are always welcomed and invited to participate in this conference.
Call for Proposals is Closing Soon!
The Northwest HEUG Alliance Conference committee would like to encourage you to share your knowledge and experience in sessions that will cover Admissions/Student Records, Financial Aid, General Interest/Innovations, Reporting and Business Intelligence, Student Financials/Financials, and Technical Tracks. Please consider submitting a presentation proposal and sharing your expertise with your peers. The instructions and the submission form are available here.
We are specifically seeking sessions on:
SR and FA connections with return of funds
Query - beginner, intermediate, advanced
GL/Financials Reporting and reconciliation
Student Records 101, Admissions 101, Student Financials 101
The deadline for submissions is March 17th.
There are only 3 days left!
7 significant reasons to present at a Regional Conference
- Beef up your professional experience: One of the most apparent benefits of presenting at a regional conference is that it improves your professional clout.
- Master your discipline: This experience help you learn even more about a subject area, especially as you tried to anticipate audience questions. It's great to be able to share knowledge and expand your knowledge to be able to share at the national level.
- Become popular with your peers: Who doesn’t want a guaranteed spot at the cool kids’ table? Presenters are able to engage like-minded users from across the region and expand their professional networks all in one sweep.
- Drive up demand: Beyond a few lines on your resume, presenting at a conference helps asserts you as an Oracle insider and a force to be reckoned with.
- Build lasting connections: While meeting and greeting other professionals is a definite perk, having those new connections turn into lasting friendships is an outstanding motivator to present.
- Share your expertise with others: Even if you may think your PeopleSoft knowledge is limited or incomplete, presenting about your particular area helps other PeopleSoft users. Instead of focusing on what you can take away from the experience, remember that presenting can help other users learn.
- Save Money: Presenters that share at the regional conference have the registration fee waived.
If you would like assistance in completing your proposal, the Conference Planning Team is available to help. Please email a conference committee member using this contact information: NWHEUG Planning Committee.
Stay tuned for coming information on conference details as they become available. Registration will open on April 3rd and more conference information is available on the HEUG website. We look forward to seeing you this summer!
To stay up to date on conference happenings, make sure to like the HEUG on Facebook and follow @HEUG & #NWHEUG17 on Twitter.