The University of Colorado advances the economy, health and culture of Colorado and beyond, graduating 424,000 students who have become catalysts in science, business, arts, health, and community growth. CU’s four campuses feature top-tier faculty and hands-on learning opportunities in an environment where students thrive.
Based in the CU system administration office, University Information Systems (UIS) provides services used by all of four CU campuses across Colorado. In addition, each campus has its own Office of Information Technology dedicated to serving campus-specific needs.
CU Facts and Figures
- In fall 2017, the total student headcount enrollment among CU’s four campuses was 65,375. CU Boulder enrolled 33,681; UCCS enrolled 12,422; CU Denver enrolled 15,008 and the CU Anschutz Medical Campus enrolled 4,264.
- When these students registered and enrolled in classes in fall 2017, CU’s systems supported 562,875 student portal visits during startup week.
- In the fiscal year 2016-17, CU garnered $1.034 billion in sponsored research awards to conduct research in economic sectors critical to the state and nation, including energy, bioscience, aerospace and health care.
- CU's operating budget for the 2017-18 fiscal year totals $4.11 billion. Contracts and grants and tuition and fees account for nearly half of the university's revenues. The majority of CU's budget is spent on instruction, research and health services. This reflects the institution's role as a university that emphasizes classroom instruction, research training, and community outreach.
- CU awarded 15,072 degrees in the 2016-17 fiscal year.
- CU employs nearly 35,000 people.
CU now and in the future - A University of Colorado education is a high-yield investment for the student and the state. CU educates, prepares and inspires innovators, entrepreneurs, educators, health care providers and business and community leaders. CU provides a highly skilled workforce, attracts hundreds of millions in research funding, buys from local vendors, and serves as a magnet for business and industry.