HEUG has 15 Product Advisory Groups (PAG's) and 1 Technical Advisory Group (TAG). These groups are composed of representatives from member institutions with expertise in various product modules and technical areas within the span of Oracle application software. The responsibilities and activities of these groups include:
- Facilitating communication about specific product features, problems, and opportunities.
- Soliciting feedback from the user community, packaging feedback in a clear format, and conveying it to Oracle product strategists and developers.
- Advocating to Oracle, on behalf of the higher education user community, for enhancements, new functionality, and resolutions to problems.
- Administering the relevant track(s) at the annual Alliance conference (i.e., soliciting, evaluating and selecting proposals, scheduling sessions, collecting feedback, etc.)
- Having fun with a bunch of great people with common interests looking to serve the best interests of their constituents!
Most advisory groups range from 6 to 9 regular members, though a few are larger. Members serve for three-year terms and may serve at most two consecutive terms. Nominations are screened by the current PAG members, with final approval by the HEUG Board. An attempt is made in the selection process to ensure diversity across various types of institutions: large and small; public and private; two-year, four-year and graduate; US and International.
Members are selected to these groups through the nomination process which will open in late August and close in early October. You can be nominated by a colleague or simply nominate yourself. If you think you'd make a good PAG/TAG member or know someone who would, please consider nominating them/yourself! I will send out an email blast and post another blog when the call for nominations begins. Form more information on the advisory groups and their roles, please see the advisory group home page.