Talk about Top Ten lists and the name David Letterman usually comes to mind. Did you know that the first David Letterman show aired on February 1, 1982? To celebrate that momentous occasion (and because Ground Hog Day, Valentine’s Day, and President’s Day are just not enough things to celebrate in February), I thought it would be fun (and informative) to share with you a “Top Ten” lists from the Admissions PAG.
Top Ten Ways to get the most out of the Alliance Conference
- Plan Ahead—Look at the agenda to register for sessions ahead of time by clicking on the Registration link; View Your Registration Details; My Agenda. (Search by track, time, title and eye color of the presenter (just kidding—but the search feature is very cool!) to find the sessions that meet your needs.
- Look for Oracle sessions on new features and roadmaps—Go to Agenda Viewer and search for Primary Speaker Organization = Oracle to find a long list of valuable sessions from our Oracle experts.
- Learn More about AAWS—it IS the greatest thing since sliced bread. Look for these sessions (and more) to learn why: 30329 The Wizardry of AAWS (Oz), 30073 Nevada Goes AAWS with File Parser, 30009 Campus Solutions AAWS: A Technical Overview, and 30072 Web Services in the Real World.
- Bring your business cards and Network—Nashville style!
- Meet your Admissions PAG members! Attend the Admissions Community Session to spend one-on-one time with your PAG, see old friends, or start building your international network of admissions colleagues that may last for the life of your product! Sunday, March 18, 2012 from 3:30—4:30 p.m. Session # 30736.
- Meet Other PAGs and Make Cross-Functional Friends! After the Community Session, mosey on over to the Mix and Mingle Sunday, March 18, 2012 from 4:50-5:45 p.m. where southern hospitality continues to abound. At the M&M you’ll find PAGs and users from all modules. So, not only can you hang out with your admissions colleagues/PAG, and continue the conversations you started in the Community Session, you can widen your network by stopping in at some cross-functional PAG tables.
- Talk, talk, and talk some more. We know admissions folks are shy, but come out of your shell, voice your opinions and join in on discussions. Your input matters! A great place to share your voice is at the Admissions the Birds of a Feather (#30707) Tuesday, March 20, 2012 from 9:30—10:30 a.m.
- Experience the softer side of Alliance—attend a different kind of Community Session from our “Alliance Give Back” offerings.
- Have Fun—Golf, Run/Walk, or Yoga your way to a well-rounded Alliance Experience.
- Experience Nashville – Plan some time for yourself and have some down-home country fun. Music City has some great things to offer! Pre-order tickets for a formal tour (and pick them up at the Opryland Hotel) or explore the city on your own using these Visitors’ Bureau Tips.
Hope to see you at the Alliance!