Title: Using the Cumulative Feature Overview Tool
Author: Kristin Krowiorz, Fox Valley Technical College
Blog Series Overview:
The Campus Solutions 9.2 Blog Series is sponsored and hosted by the HEUG Campus Community Advisory Group, with the intention to assist and educate the user community on features and functionality specific to Campus Solutions 9.2. To view other articles in the series, please go to the Article Index for the Campus Solutions 9.2 Blog Series.
Article Overview: This blog aims to walk you through an example of how to find Campus Community feature overviews.
Whether you are upgrading to 9.2 or applying the latest bundle/PUM Image, it is important to understand newly released features. If we are being honest, there might even be times you find yourself researching the features in the last PUM Image you already applied to production (it happens to all of us). Having a concise list of features will help you ensure you are making the most of your PeopleSoft investment.
While uploading an Applied Bug report will give you the most personalized assessment, there is another tool you can use for a more basic overview: the Original Cumulative Feature Overview (CFO) Tool. The CFO gives you a neat and tidy summary of the new or enhanced functionality released after your current release through your targeted release.
Let’s walk through an example of how to find Campus Community feature overviews.
- Go to Oracle’s CFO page
- Choose the Go to the original CFO Tool button. You will be taken to the Cumulative Feature Overview page.
- In the Product Family dropdown, select PeopleSoft Campus Solutions. You will see the Available Products list populate.
- Click on Campus Community, then click on the right arrow > button to move it to the Selected Products list. Note: you can choose as many or as few products as you wish.
- Choose your Current Release or PI from the dropdown list.
- Choose your Target Release or PI from the dropdown list.
- Click the Generate Report button.
- Marvel at all of the information at your fingertips!
Benefits of the CFO:
- It is really easy to use. It is a great option if you do not have access to run your Applied Bug report. You do not even need a login for the MyOracle Support site.
- You can learn about new features available to you (and maybe even remove a few customizations in the process?).
- It can be used as a way to enhance your research and testing efforts by quickly finding bug IDs, additional documentation, and/or video overviews (if available) for each feature.
- It helps you easily identify the minimum PeopleTools version needed for each feature to make sure your system meets the requirements.
PeopleSoft Cumulative Feature Overview Tool Homepage (Doc ID 1117033.1)