Note that the below is a link to a free podcast offered by The Tambellini Group as part of our ongoing strategic partnership. For more information on this partnership and The Tambellni Group, please visit here.
It’s true that graduating from a university or college is an undeniable accomplishment. But, Oral Roberts University (ORU) has a longer-term vision and plants the seed for success to reach beyond commencement day through its student success program. While working with many stakeholders, ORU’s Dr. Kathaleen Reid-Martinez, Provost, and Mike Mathews, Vice President of Technology and Innovation, are integral to an ecosystem blending technology and innovation to benefit students through their learning journey. They believe it is a reflection of the institution’s motto Whole Person Education and their promotion of balance in body, mind, and spirit. You will be fascinated to hear that every ORU student has a Fitbit that provides the school data through their heartbeats. Find out what other advances this award-winning institution has on their radar.
Listen: Supercharging Student Success
- The various stakeholder roles that make this student success program a reality.
- How a technology-heavy program still allows for personal interaction.
- Student life, while not academic, is important to overall student well-being.
- This student generation’s opinion about privacy and personal data and how their choices make technology work for them.
- Possible replacements for anxiety-causing smartphones in the not-too-distant future.