Your profile can make its own first impression so why not make it count!
Your profile is an overview of general information about yourself and the skill sets that you possess. There is a myriad of ways to customize and enjoy the features of creating a member profile.
An updated profile helps you to get the most out of your membership by allowing for easier networking with other members, eligibility for more volunteer opportunities and better-directed content.
Through your member profile, other members can learn about you and connect with you based on interests and experience. You can create a great profile with three easy updates:
- First, upload a profile picture. A profile picture shows there is an actual person behind the profile, and it’s makes your profile more welcoming to others that may want to connect with you.
- Second, make sure you write a biography to tell people more about yourself. No need to write a book, something short and sweet if perfect.
- Third, share your work experience and mention your skills and experience. As a user group of professionals, members are looking to connect with other professionals in their area of interest.
A HEUG member profile also showcases your rewards, like your badges and overall achievements. It also can be used as a social media hub with having your social media profiles linked to your member profile.
So, what are the benefits to you completing your HEUG Profile?
- Full Profiles add to your credibility within the HEUG community.
- Compelling profiles can dive people to seek out additional information on content outside the online community
- Profiles allow members to get in touch with each other
- Online community profiles efficiently provide member information
- Completed Member profiles give the appearance of being active in the community
- Updated profiles will increase the value of the community
To learn more about completing your profile, see the March Member news blog, Update Your Profile and Network with Ease at Alliance 2020, or you can visit the HEUG Booth at Alliance 2020 and we can help you complete your profile.
All the best!
VP Communications and Membership