About the Higher Education User Group
The Higher Education User Group (HEUG) is an international organization consisting of Higher Education institutions that use application software from the Oracle Corporation.
The HEUG's objectives are:
- To provide a mechanism for sharing information and experience among Higher Education customers on selection, implementation and cost-effective use of Oracle application software.
- To provide a means by which the HEUG can speak with a common voice to Oracle on matters of common interests, thereby improving its members’ communication and influence regarding product expectations and recommendations for improvement in Oracle products used in Higher Education.
- To provide opportunities for communication between Oracle management, developers and business partners and the HEUG, in order to keep HEUG members informed as to product plans, new developments and directions, and other areas of concern.
The HEUG is incorporated as a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, governed by a Board of Directors. The activities and initiatives of the HEUG include interacting with Oracle via a collection of very active and effective Product Advisory Groups (PAGs), holding annual user conferences, and sharing of information via HEUG Online. For more information on the Board, PAGs and conferences, see the links at left.
- Representing over 34 countries across 6 continents
- Over 27,000 users from over 900 campuses
- 16 Product Advisory Groups composed of representatives from HEUG member institutions with expertise in various product modules of the Oracle application software
- Worldwide Regional Communities
- Annual and Regional Conferences throughout the world
- 20+ Educational Webinars provided to users each year
HEUG Membership Benefits
HEUG Online is the primary tool by which HEUG members stay in touch with each other and with developments in the world of Oracle application software. It features a variety of tools such as Product Councils, Blogs, Regional Communities where you can find translated newsletters and other documents, Forums (list serves), File Libraries, webinars and more. The HEUG holds an annual Alliance conference each March in North America, as well as sponsoring smaller conferences in specific geographic areas, such as Alliance Down Under (Australia), EMEA (Europe), Asia (Asia/Pacific) and several US Regional conferences.
Affiliated Organizations and Alliance
In 2006 the HEUG joined forces with two other User Groups with similar interests and culture: PSUG (Public Sector User Group) and FUN (Federal Users Network), and renamed its conference the Alliance Conference to reflect the inclusion of these additional groups. In addition to the main Alliance conference held each March in North America, the HEUG also sponsors smaller conferences in specific geographic areas, such as Alliance Down Under, EMEA Alliance, Asia Alliance, Arab Alliance, and Southern Africa Alliance.
The Alliance among HEUG, PSUG and FUN extends beyond the conferences. The web sites of all three groups share the same common repository of content: News, Forums, File Library, Issues Tracker, Surveys, and so on. As a user of HEUG Online, you have access to the contributions of our colleagues in federal, state and local governmental agencies—and vice versa.
Hence, you will find frequent references to Alliance throughout HEUG Online. Some of the content found here is mainly of interest to Higher Education (for example, material related to the PeopleSoft Campus Solutions or Oracle Student System products), but there are many areas (such as Financials, Human Resources, and Tools/Technology) in which the issues faced by Higher Education are much the same as in other parts of the public sector.