Audit and Finance Committee
This Audit and Finance Committee is appointed by the HEUG Board of Directors to assist the Board in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities. Duties of the committee include:
- Overseeing the integrity of the Corporation's financial accounting process and systems of internal controls regarding finance, accounting and use of assets;
- Overseeing the independence and performance of the independent auditors and staff with financial responsibilities;
- Overseeing the operation of the policies on conflicts of interest and the Corporation's board-staff communications;
- Providing an avenue of communication among the Corporation's independent auditors, management, staff, and the Board of Directors.
The Audit and Finance Committee has the authority to conduct any investigation appropriate to fulfilling its responsibilities, and it has direct access to the independent auditors as well as to anyone in the organization. The Audit and Finance Committee has the authority to retain, at the Corporation's expense, special legal, accounting, or other consultants or experts it deems necessary in the performance of its duties.
- Karen Kyle, The Pennsylvania State University, Chairperson
- Karol Miller, University of Texas at Dallas
- Deborah Mero, University of Michigan
- Bob Swanson, Bowling Green State University
- Aimee Turner, Duke University
- Brad Finley, HEUG Board Liaison to the Audit Committee, Illinois Central College
- Ex-officio members:
Dan Youngblood, HEUG Vice President for Finance and Treasurer, Indiana University
Scott Munson, HEUG Assistant Treasurer, University of Colorado