The Oracle Applications User Experience team has published a new article on the Usable Apps website about extensibility in the simplified UI: "Making the Complex Simple: Extensibility and Customization in the Oracle Applications Cloud." Read and learn more about how easy extensibility aligns with the overall Oracle Applications Cloud’s user experience strategy of simplification.
ABOUT RELEASE 8: If you're interested in how enterprise software is changing and what's in the latest release of the Oracle Applications Cloud, take a look at these recent blog posts to find out what analysts and others are saying about the usability they see in Release 8.
- In “Early Reports Say the Oracle Sales Cloud May Finally Have Come of Age,” analyst J. Bruce Daley calls out usability specifically.
- In “Case study: BG Group turns to cloud HR to reach staff in multiple countries,” author Bill Goodwin of ComputerWeekly.com says the Oracle HCM Cloud “has proved to be easier and more intuitive for HR staff to use than the previous SAP-based technology” for Oracle customer BG Group, a natural gas exploration and production company.
And several videos about the simplified UI in Release 8 are now available:
- Getting Started with Oracle Sales Cloud
- Getting Started with Oracle Sales Cloud: Accounts and Contacts
- Getting Started with Oracle Sales Cloud: Leads
- Getting Started with Oracle Sales Cloud: Opportunities
- Getting Started with Oracle Sales Cloud: Social Collaboration
- Getting Started with Oracle HCM Cloud: Personal Information
- Getting Started with Oracle HCM Cloud: Directory
- Getting started with Oracle HCM Cloud: Performance and Career
- Getting started with Oracle HCM Cloud: Time
- Getting Started with Oracle Fusion Product Hub Portal
BUILD YOUR OWN: The Simplified User Experience Design Patterns for the Oracle Applications Cloud Service eBook has been published recently. The free eBook provides the user experience design patterns that Oracle uses to build simplified user interfaces (UIs). Read more about it on the Usable Apps blog, or download it directly.
MORE ON THE ORACLE USER EXPERIENCE: Oracle ACE Director Basheer Khan shares his thoughts on Oracle’s Cloud strategy in the April 2014 edition of Profit Magazine. The interview, “Clouds in Vegas,” focuses on Khan’s session at Collaborate 2014 and how he thinks organizations can benefit from moving to the cloud.
Oracle President Mark Hurd educates Baylor University students on the impact of big data in this video on “Big Data in a Shrinking World.”
“PeopleSoft Talk with Marc Weintraub: PeopleSoft Fluid User Interface featuring Willie Suh”: In this PeopleSoft Talk, PeopleSoft Senior Director Marc Weintraub talks with Willie Suh, Vice President of PeopleTools Development, about the PeopleSoft Fluid User Interface