In our last newsletter, which was released prior to Alliance 2018, we announced the new name of our advisory group, Technical and Reporting Advisory Group (TRAG), and we announced our group members for this year.
As with all mergers, there is work to do in completing the merger. For us, it meant setting up a new Community page, Blog space, and organizing our work into new working groups for the year.
This work started before Alliance 2018 and has been ongoing since. So what are we up to, and how have we changed?
We have a new Community site named Technical and Reporting. If you are currently pointing to the Technical or the RBI community pages as a favorite, we are no longer using those pages and you should point to the new Technical and Reporting Community Page.
Higher Logic and the TRAG are actively working to build out this site and as a start, you can read about our working groups and their goals under the Community Pages named Goals and Objectives.
We also have a new Blog space named the TRAG Blog. The old TAG and RBI Blogs can be accessed via this new space.
We have six webinars planned in August and several more planned for the fall. You can find upcoming and archived Education Series under Files > Education Series.
- On the PeopleTools side we are all eagerly awaiting the release of PeopleTools 8.57, but in the meantime there is a lot to learn in PeopleTools 8.55 and 8.56.
- The July 2018 CPU was released on July 17, which came with PeopleTools releases 8.55.25 and 8.56.10.
- Oracle has also announced that no more patches will be released for PeopleTools 8.54 after June 2018.
- The PeopleSoft team is actively posting blogs and news to the PeopleSoft information Portal and we encourage everyone to visit that page at least once a month to keep informed. This is where you can find links to documentation, news, blogs, webinars and other resources from Oracle.
- With the new partnership between Quest and the HEUG, we want to highlight that you can listen to the Quest Webinar series as well.
Blogs and Webinars
Blogs we have posted since Alliance 2018:
TRAG 2018 BI Publisher Survey Results – Anne Kourouniotis – July 13, 2018 In this blog Anna summarizes the results of the BI Publisher Survey published after Alliance. Anna is contributing to our group with infographics that you will see more of going forward, making it very easy to get an overview of the results of the survey.
TRAG 2018 Integrations Survey Results - Dede Young - June 21, 2018 This blog points to a document that presents the results and findings of the Integration survey.
DPK 101 - Brad Carlson - June 21, 2018 In this blog, Brad gives us a breakdown on what the DPKs are, the benefits of using the DPKs, and how to get started.
Short survey about upgrade to Campus Solutions 9.2 and the Student Cloud – The Results - Tamara Foster - April 2, 2018 This blog summarizes the results of the Campus Solutions 9.2 upgrade survey, collected in the two weeks before Alliance 2018. We also compare some results to the survey from last year where applicable.
Upcoming TRAG webinars:
August 6, 2018: 10:00 AM CDT: Student Grade Report Webinar Series for 9.0 – Part I Build the Query
August 9, 2018: 1:00 PM CDT: Oracle Critical Patch Update - Summary and Breakdown
August 13, 2018: 10:00 AM CDT: Student Grade Report Webinar Series for 9.0 – Part II Create the BIP Template
August 16, 2018: 8:00 PM* CDT: What you need to know before exposing prod services on smartphones/tablets
*With a focus on offering Webinars at times that work well for our international community, this Webinar is offered in the evening for those of us in the EDT-PDT time zones.
August 20, 2018: 10:00 AM CDT: Student Grade Report Webinar Series for 9.0 – Part III Set up the Report in PS
August 24, 2018: 1:00 PM CDT: Destination “BI Pub Expert”: Breaking through the BI Plateau