The Higher Education User Group (HEUG) is the largest independent, self-organized industry-specific Oracle user group in the world, representing over 18,000 users from more than 900 organizations in 28 countries. The group includes a wide range of institutions -- from community colleges to small liberal arts colleges to huge research universities and entire university systems. It includes public and private institutions and (as Associate Members) for-profit institutions.
The HEUG is an international organization governed by a Board of Directors consisting of higher education institutions that use application software from the Oracle Corporation. Its two primary purposes are to facilitate sharing of ideas, information and experiences among its members, and to provide a unified and effective voice to Oracle on all issues involving the use of Oracle application software in the higher education community.
HEUG member institutions use a variety of Oracle applications, including but not limited to, PeopleSoft Enterprise, E-Business Suite, and Oracle middleware. We have a long history and demonstrated ability of supporting current and new Oracle customers in the following areas:
- Collating and distilling membership feedback
- Communicating and collaborating with Oracle product strategists, influencing future development enhancements and initiatives
- Delivering annual conferences that collectively draw thousands of customers
- Providing a support mechanism as products mature
- Providing a community where members can share information, thereby helping Oracle customers achieve greater satisfaction with Oracle products
- Supporting members with a unique and sophisticated range of online services, including HEUG Online and Education Webinars to help customers leverage existing products and prepare for future products
HEUG has strategic partnerships with Oracle’s user community, the Public Sector User Group (PSUG) and Federal Users Network (FUN) that have extended HEUG’s influence into other industries. HEUG is one of six members of the International Oracle User Community (IOUC), where the 2009-2010 HEUG President Stan Jakubik served as IOUC Community Spokesperson. HEUG also has members on the IOUC Product Development Committee who provide expertise on both E-Business Suite and PeopleSoft Enterprise applications. Furthermore, HEUG regularly sends representatives to affiliated user group events around the world.
HEUG members participate in PeopleSoft Customer Advisory Boards (CAB) and Oracle customer testing initiatives. We have numerous internal advisory groups -- among them, PeopleSoft and E-Business Suite, functional and technical, traditional and emerging product areas.
HEUG is well positioned to provide strategic feedback and industry priorities on applications and middleware, to support our members, to help mature Oracle products, and to provide a single point of contact for the Higher Education and Public Sector industries.