Note that the below is a link to a free podcast offered by The Tambellini Group as part of our ongoing strategic partnership. For more information on this partnership and The Tambellni Group, please visit here.
By combining career services and advancement, Northampton Community College has created a community of student, alumni, and employers that better facilitates engagement, relationship building, and outreach. Modeling itself after the four-year model, hear from Northampton’s Sharon Beales, Vice President of Institutional Advancement, and Dr. Deb Noble Burak, Associate Vice President and CIO, as they discuss implementation, staffing impacts, and technologies like Razor’s Edge, Handshake, Hubspot, Graduate, and Live Alumni. They offer advice for other two-year institutions thinking about rolling out this model, including the importance of career support and systems for community college students.
Listen: Merging Career Services and Advancement
- History behind Northampton’s decision to merge departments.
- Unique challenges with implementation as a two-year institution.
- Types of technology and tools used.
- How the college’s staffing model has changed with combined departments.
- Impact on employment metrics and corporate giving.
- Best practices for institutions considering rolling out this model.