At the PeopleSoft general session on 2nd October at Oracle OpenWorld, Paco Aubrejuan, Senior Vice President, recognized the first of many PeopleSoft Innovators. The PeopleSoft Innovators showcase what is possible with today’s PeopleSoft and so it is fantastic to see some notable HEUG members and vendor partners recognised. These members are “taking advantage of the latest capabilities and technologies to transform their businesses and their IT practices while delighting their end users.”
The HEUG Board of Directors and the HEUG community offer our congratulations to these members and vendor partners on their projects and results – how they have they have extracted more value and improved their ROI on their existing investments - I'm hoping they may be willing to share their stories at our upcoming conferences (hint hint!).
“The PeopleSoft Innovators:
- Butler University, in conjunction with their partner CY2, is recognized for eliminating costly customizations in favor of using delivered functionality to advance and improve the end user experience, including the deployment of the Fluid user interface, resulting in a system rollout and start of the academic year that was smooth, and positions the university to be nimble, flexible, and rollout new capabilities over time.
- Cognizant Technology Solutionsis recognized for deploying PeopleSoft’s new Business Process Weaver capability, a powerful unified framework that seamlessly manages the complex Financial processes required during times such as month end close, eliminating wasted manual time, effort, and costly errors, avoids the need for external automation scheduled tools, and most importantly, enables faster and more efficient processing and business reporting.
- Deakin University, in conjunction with their partner Presence of IT, is recognized for deploying Fluid self-service functionality for their employees and managers, as well as showcasing the power of Selective Adoption by rapidly adjusting their project timelines to deploy Fluid Candidate Gateway just 8 weeks after it was delivered.
- Griffith University, in conjunction with their partner Presence of IT, is recognized for deploying a tailored Fluid Workcenter for HR administrators that leverages pivot grids so the system highlights transactions that need input or attention, as well as the extensive use of HCM Guided Self Service for managers and employees, resulting in operational savings of $350,000 annually.
- Lone Star Collegeis recognized for deploying an Elasticsearch cluster across two data centers with full Elastic replication, load balanced, and serving 5 PeopleSoft application areas including Interaction Hub, Financial Management, Enterprise Learning Management, Human Capital Management, and Campus Solutions, which in particular saw a dramatic improvement in response times for class search.
- University of Canterbury, in conjunction with their partner Presence of IT, is recognized for deploying the Fluid user interface and Fluid Candidate Gateway as part of their HCM 9.2 upgrade, providing a modern, easy way for applicants to search, apply for, and track job opportunities on any device, in addition to enabling more new features in HCM, doing a Unicode conversion to support the Maori language, and setting up a Selective Adoption strategy for the future.
- University of Coloradois recognized for deploying the Fluid user interface, including their progressive work with PeopleTools to configure the solution for their requirements, Theme Builder to create rich branding, the use of Interaction Hub for search, notifications, and content management, and the use of Elasticsearch.
- University of Florida Health, in conjunction with their partner SmartERP, is recognized for deploying Elasticsearch in conjunction with their recent HCM 9.2 and PeopleTools 8.55 project, enabling the organization to successfully deploy PeopleSoft Fluid Candidate Gateway with powerful search capabilities in support of many new hospitals and more than 1,000 open positions to fill.
- University of New South Wales, in conjunction with their partner Presence of IT, is recognized for using the Oracle Cloud to provision PeopleSoft HCM instances in record time, to support their deployment of HR Position Management, Fluid Company Directory, and Guided Self Service, enabling the university to meet their demanding project timelines, provide multiple environments to their project teams as needed, while being agile and delivering multiple project work products in parallel, in a cost effective manner.
- University of the Free Stateis recognized for deploying student self-service using PeopleSoft Campus Solutions’ new Fluid user interface, with extended integration for online applications, resulting in a 30% year over year increase in successfully submitted applications, an earlier and more streamlined student selection process, and increased ease-of-use for applicants.
The entire PeopleSoft team congratulates these customers for their efforts and outstanding results! We are proud to recognize what they have each achieved individually, and appreciate the contribution they make to the thriving global PeopleSoft community.”