The past few iterations of Campus Solutions have brought with them several additions and refinements to Advising components, many of them in direct response to our community’s input.
Delivered to date:
· Option to include/exclude cross-listed courses (offerings) in wildcards
· Real time processing of Academic Advising Report (AAR)
· Configuration option to automatically generate AAR if one doesn’t yet exist
· Ability to set AAR Report Date to current system date vs. pre-set date
· Ability to generate multiple AARs
· Fluid enhancements to AAR, including progress summary, drill-down functionality on fluid Academic Progress page, and new Course Requirement Alerts.
· Fluid versions of Planner and Advisor Notes
· Addition of advisors/advisees photos in Fluid views
· Addition of contact types to Advising Notes
· Advisor Notes configurable access control to manage access to note categories
Looking to the future:
The AA Advisory Group has requested that Oracle focus its attentions on three key areas, addressing some current PET issues:
Improvements to Course Exception functionality, such as
· Course directive exclusions in Student Exceptions should remove excluded course from select line in AAR (enables directive to function as a RG-specific substitution)
· Ability to hide or display certain courses/course offerings in course lists from student view to obviate the need for many course directives (also improves "Enrol by My Requirements" experience, as would allow turning on display select line while not promoting specific offerings).
· Allow Exclusion of courses from RG and RQ levels in addition to LN level
Improvements to What If functionality, such as
· Make What-if reports available in the Student Services Center
· Configure What-if report to disregard now-completed courses which also exist in old terms from Planner
· Allow What-If reports which exclude in progress courses to include What-if courses
· Add logic Behind the Drop Down Menus in the Selection Grid
Improvements to Planner functionality, such as
· Ability to request Planner Report from Advisor Center
You can view all existing open PET items on the HEUG website, vote on them, and add your comments. If you have additional suggestions, please file a Service Request (SR) with Oracle, and then create a new PET Item. Oracle takes both SRs and PET items into consideration when it set its development priorities.